Web search

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fishing Report for Eagle Bay 5-27-2011

Let me start by saying that today was a wonderful day on the water. It felt good to be back in the boat fishing. Well we launched at 8:30 am. I fished the whole way down the canal going to Eagle Bay. I started out using a Strike King's  Redeye Shad lipless crankbait in a Bleeding Gizzard color Pattern. The bass were loving this lure. Within 10 minutes and about a 20 yard stretch I was up to four bass . The water level is so low that it is exposing some really good areas that would normaly hold some bass. I wish i could have fished these areas while the water was higher. I continued my trip down the canal catching many fish on the way. By the time I got down to Eagle Bay the clouds started to roll in. Today we were supposed to have a 40% chance of Thunder storms. It was in the mid 80's and breezy. With it starting to get darker out I switched over to an Orange Craw color pattern Redeye Shad. I also started using some creature baits with 1/8 oz bullet weight. I was able to catch a few bass on the creature baits. The rain started to fall and the topwater bite turned on. My wife was using a Pop-R Rebel and she was slaying the bass along the weed line. We fished for 7.5 hrs and between the four of us we ended up catching more then 50 bass. I would say that we had a very productive day. Below is a video I produced of me fishing. Enjoy and Tight Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon deals